Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Thanksgiving - decorations and more!

This was my first year hosting a Thanksgiving dinner all by myself! Normally every year we do thanksgiving dinner at my parents place in New Jersey, but this year we couldn't make it up there; so I decided if we can't go to thanksgiving we'll bring it to us! There isn't much of Fall in Florida, but this year we actually did get a few chilly nights, just enough for a few beautiful orange and red leaves to grace our yard. I took the boys for a walk and decided to incorporate fall into our Thanksgiving dinner. Can you tell how badly I miss autumn down here?
Our Thanksgiving Banner, flower arrangement, and leaves we found outside!
Using a dollar store bucket and tea light I added in some acorns we found outside to create a fall festive candle!
Spruced up our drinks bar with a few mini pumpkins from Walmart and festive pine cone decor from Michael's


my centerpiece! created from All Nature's Products found..outside our home! (candle,tray and pumpkin not included)

Took Ali for a walk and came back with a few cute items!

my little bubbas all ready and waiting for their guests to arrive!
Our Thanksgiving Menu: Turkey, roast lamb, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, green bean casserole, Waldorf salad, pasta and dinner rolls



my little poser


Alhumdulillah Banner - Arabic saying "All Thanks be to Allah"


No comments: