Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tick Tock


Every single day I wake up at 6:30, bolting right out of bed at the first horrible buzz of the alarm clock and I already have this list in the back of my mind of every single thing I have to accomplish by the end of the day. And further back is all that I have to accomplish by the end of this year. And even further is all that I want to accomplish in this lifetime.

I always feel like life is so short...Everything in my day revolves around time, because I want to get so much done and yet time is incessantly racing against me. Mostly these days in the routine stuff, it’s as if I lack so much of it I value every spare extra minute I get. And it’s funny because there were moments in the summer when I wished (for like a second) that summer would move faster, things were too slow (damn do i miss those days), now it’s as if the weeks are rushing by so fast, deadlines are constantly being thrown at me and everything becomes a blur after awhile.

Time must be made into a friend, before a foe it becomes all too quickly. Time tells all and heals all. We change so much with it and so suddenly that in most cases we don't even sense it creep up on us. Every experience has a lasting effect on who we are and who we become, and only time tells us what that will be. A single moment can be monumental in the experience of one lifetime. And sometimes...a single moment takes a lifetime to arrive.

All I know is...in my lifetime, I hope to value my time with my family, to appreciate my time spent on my education, my career, and my friends. I hope to make use of time, to be able to have the time to relax, to take the time to worship god wholeheartedly, and to thank time for making me into who I am. 
Ok now I will take this time to shut up and go to sleep.

It is now bedtime.

ha ha.. I'm lame, there is no hiding from that.

No comments: